Project Manager, R&D
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Project Manager, R&D is responsible for the management of New Product launch, sustaining, and improvement projects, directing all phases from inception through completion. Responsibilities would include scoping project, developing project plans, developing team and executing plans through project completion. Project Manager will provide project overviews and status updates to members of Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Manage 1-5 simultaneous projects with cross-functional teams in R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and others as required.
- Promotes communication at all levels and areas including the team, management, and functional areas.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the project from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas to build a high performing team.
- Ensures clear project definition, proposal and plan.
- Develops and administers project schedule, secure resources, performance standards, tracking accountability of team to objectives and manage their timely execution and completion of tasks and deliverables.
- Act as the focal point of contact for all project issues and provide the necessary input to the team.
- Capture, prioritize, track and drive closure on all project-related issues including tracking risks and mitigation plans.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree (in an Engineering Discipline) plus 4-6 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, Bachelor's degree in Technical area preferred. Licenses/Certifications PM certification (i.e. PMP) highly desirable.
- Prefer candidates from Medical Device industry background with project management experience in manufacturing operations environment.
- Strong organization and execution skills will be required, as well as a demonstrated ability to confidently handle the top responsibility for project completion.
- Clear and effective communication, verbal and written.
- Experience of influencing staff at all levels to ensure that all members of the team including users and stakeholders own assigned tasks and project objectives.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and a deep understanding of internal SOPs is a plus.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top