Procurement and Planning Manager
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Procurement & Planning Manager oversees all direct and indirect purchasing, production planning activities and supply chain analytics. Procurement & Planning Manager is responsible for setting inventory targets and is accountable for both achieving these targets and ensuring inventory is available to fill customer orders on time. The Procurement & Planning Manager is responsible for the management and supervision of the staff in charge production planning, purchasing and supply chain analytics.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Ensure that purchasing and production planning are supporting the needs of sales, customer service and product development in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the supply chain analytics group are supporting the needs of various stakeholders in supply chain, operations, finance and executive management.
- Develop financial models, champion make/buy proposals to the management team, develop outsourcing project plans and facilitate execution.
- Responsible for the Sales & Operations Planning process and running monthly meetings including a regular review of cost variances.
- Ensure the ERP system adequately supports the functions of purchasing and production planning.
- Identify risks within the supply chain and drive appropriate risk mitigation strategies with other functional leaders.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and drive appropriate projects to achieve cost reductions, or improve cost effectiveness. Negotiate volume/supply contracts with component suppliers to obtain cost savings.
- Take a lead role in complex negotiations.
- Lead the supplier management program by directing efforts for supplier analysis and selection. Work with suppliers to mitigate supply risks, reduce costs and improve terms.
- Responsible for setting inventory targets and accountable for both achieving these targets and ensuring inventory is available to fill customer orders on time, every time. Identify, set, monitor and present monthly KPIs related to inventory on hand, purchasing and production planning.
- Identify, set, monitor and present monthly KPIs related to purchasing and production planning.
- Lead purchasing and planning team. People leadership responsibilities include:
- Motivate and inspire a team to a high level of engagement.
- Encourage, recognize and acknowledge employees who consistently deliver excellence.
- Monitor and manage performance by setting and regularly reviewing individual goals.
- Conduct reviews of staff to provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Identify learning and development needs.
- Ensure adequate employee staffing to support the long-term business plan. Hire and train new team members as necessary.
- Champion adherence to safety, quality and regulatory requirements; work in conjunction with the quality department to support compliance to quality system, resolution of quality issues, audits and CAPA program.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and effectiveness of significant supply chain improvement projects.
- Support product transfer activities from R&D into manufacturing through participation and resource deployment.
- Champion effective employee relations and communications.
- University education in business, science, engineering or equivalent is required.
- 7+ years of related work experience. Experience in medical device manufacturing is an asset but not compulsory..
- Direct people management experience is required with evidence of strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management is strongly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable concerning materials management, purchasing, planning and scheduling, ERP and general production principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management.
- Experience leading complex negotiations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and good planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Familiarity with Sales & Operations Planning Process and Supply Chain Finance is an asset.
- Travel can be up to 5% annually. Must have or be eligible for a valid passport for US travel.
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top