Process Engineering Technician
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking a Process Engineering Technician to assist with the development of processes and products. Our engineers work to continuously improve the quality, yield and reduce the cost of manufacturing processes. The Process Engineering Technician supports the manufacturing of product, develops manufacturing techniques and conducts testing as part of new/revised manufacturing processes. A Process Engineering Technician uses their manufacturing skills and techniques to support the engineering activities for the design, development of new and revised manufacturing processes.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Investigate, develop and test new or revised manufacturing procedures and techniques
- Perform process design validation testing
- Support tool development and selection through drafting and testing tools
- Work with process engineers and production staff to support the assembly of parts on an assembly line
- Part of the continuous improvement team, identifying and implement solutions to production issues
What you bring to the team
- Diploma or degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years related process manufacturing experience, preferably in the fields of medical device, micro-electronics
- Experience with a number of measuring and inspection devices (e.g. ruler, callipers, microscope)
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to handle and manufacture small and delicate parts
- Basic tool room knowledge
- Preferable to have design experience with a 3D modeling software such as Solidworks
- Preferable experience in process design, medical device industry, lean manufacturing techniques and/or ISO quality management systems
- Competency and understanding of the English language (oral, verbal and written)
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top