Process Engineering Team Leader
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Process Engineering Team Leader position represents the first level of direct and sustained supervision of other professional engineers. This position requires application of seasoned engineering knowledge in planning, conducting and leading projects. It also requires the capacity for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments. He/she is accountable for the planning and completion of process development projects, including the design and development of manufacturing processes, documentation, and equipment to successfully implement new and changed products into manufacturing.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Deliver to production processes appropriate for manufacturing environment that meet manufacturing objectives
- Assign, review, and evaluate process engineering project work
- Develop and manage staff through training, assignments, and coaching
- Conduct employee evaluations and career development planning
- Conduct some administrative management functions (e.g. vacation request approvals)
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform Management of unsafe working conditions
- Other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- Thorough knowledge of medical device ISO quality systems and validation principles for manufacturing processes
- Experience in design for manufacturing, process design, pFMEA, process validation and project management
- Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC, Six Sigma problem solving)
- Working knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills in order to work effectively across organizational boundaries and influence decision-makers across multiple sites/regions/levels
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relate process development & engineering experience. Experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years leadership experience (project leadership or team leadership)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Organization and time management skills
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top