Process Engineering Team Leader
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Process Engineering Team Leader position represents the first level of direct and sustained supervision of other professional engineers. This position requires application of seasoned engineering knowledge in planning, conducting and leading projects. It also requires the capacity for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments. He/she is accountable for the planning and completion of process development projects, including the design and development of manufacturing processes, documentation, and equipment to successfully implement new and changed products into manufacturing.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Deliver to production processes appropriate for manufacturing environment that meet manufacturing objectives
- Assign, review, and evaluate process engineering project work
- Develop and manage staff through training, assignments, and coaching
- Conduct employee evaluations and career development planning
- Conduct some administrative management functions (e.g. vacation request approvals)
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform Management of unsafe working conditions
- Other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- Thorough knowledge of medical device ISO quality systems and validation principles for manufacturing processes
- Experience in design for manufacturing, process design, pFMEA, process validation and project management
- Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC, Six Sigma problem solving)
- Working knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills in order to work effectively across organizational boundaries and influence decision-makers across multiple sites/regions/levels
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relate process development & engineering experience. Experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years leadership experience (project leadership or team leadership)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Organization and time management skills
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top