Medical Device Sales - Vancouver
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are growing and currently seeking a Sales Associates - Medical Devices to join our team. This individual will be based out of Vancouver, British Columbia. In this position, the candidate will be working with cardiology products. This involves selling directly to hospitals and traveling within the territory in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Additionally, the candidate will provide product demonstrations, training, and clinical support to hospital staff including doctors, nurses, and technicians.
The Sales Associates will be required to know and understand all the clinical and technical aspects of the products. Also, the person will have to follow-up and continue build relationships with all existing customers.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
• Promote Baylis Medical and other manufacturer products by:
- Making cold calls
- Supporting cases in the assigned territory
- Visiting potential customers in assigned territory
- Attending trade shows
- Retrieving, organizing, analyzing and completing Tender documents for respective territory
- Scheduling and performing in-services for doctors and staff for all products
- Learn and collect market data relative to products and territory and in turn identify sales possibilities and potentials for growth
- Assist with the on boarding and training of new employees
- Bachelor's degree in sciences and knowledge of the Life Sciences (Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, etc) is required
- 3-5 years' previous sales experience in the medical industry required, medical device sales experience preferred
- Excellent English, both written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills and promotional abilities are essential. The ideal candidate is both ambitious and empathetic
- The ideal candidate will be independent, self-motivated and results oriented, with a highly personable and energetic presence. Above all else, the candidate will have a positive attitude with a "glass half full" outlook on life.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are also highly valued, as the candidate will be expected to write technical reports/documentation with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with a variety of medical issues
- This position is travel intensive and the ideal candidate should be prepared to be on the road up to 50% of the time
- The candidate should have access to a vehicle with a valid driver's license and a valid passport to travel
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Performance Commissions
- RRSP plan with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Car allowance
- Travel expenses fully reimbursed
- Company laptop and cell phone
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top