Manufacturing Engineering Associate, Co-op
We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis Medical is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. Our social culture fosters a collaborative environment where industry experts are dedicated to supporting your professional development. The new addition of a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to our Mississauga facilities allows for a fast-paced, challenging and hands-on atmosphere that promotes a passion for ongoing innovation.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to improve the lives of others?
In our Process Engineering Department, our Engineers focus on the design, development and optimization of cutting-edge manufacturing processes and technologies to produce high-tech devices used in medical procedures. Our Process Engineers are directly involved with providing product design and manufacturability input during concept and commercialization phases as well as actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives when scaling up existing manufacturing processes. We have 4, 8, 12 and 16 month terms available.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- You will support the development and optimization of innovative manufacturing processes and equipment including generating ideas, drafting 3D prototypes in Solidworks, coordinating testing, and researching and providing input to the team as needed
- You will work on equipment to improve the manufacturing process. This includes; the design and development of new tools and fixtures, automating simple motions or changes to improve existing equipment
- You will build and test prototype devices to ensure they meet requirements
- You will assist with the development of validation and test plans by supporting Engineers with the execution of process characterization and testing of devices
- You will take on LEAN initiatives to make improvements to the manufacturing process
- You will aid in the development and provision of technical documentation by preparing drawings, writing work instructions, and providing training for new tools and equipment
- You will participate in testing of manufacturing processes and equipment. You will design test methods or follow standard protocols to ensure the device meets the patients needs
- You will be responsible for monitoring safety practices and ensuring ISO 13485 and FDA compliance while collaborating with cross functional teams to meet product timelines
What you bring to the team
- Actively working towards a Degree in Engineering; Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in University
- Strong interest in biomedical technology
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of Engineers and Clinicians
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Six Sigma or LEAN knowledge is nice to have
- Experience with Solidworks and Minitab is nice to have
- Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment is nice to have
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site trainings
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and transcript.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top