Manufacturing Engineer - Medical Devices
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are growing and currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design, development, validation, verification and implementation of new and revised manufacturing processes. She/he works to continuously improve the quality, yield and reduce the cost of manufacturing processes. This individual participates as a member of product realization teams to ensure product design for manufacturability and is responsible for transfer of new products or product changes into production and supply chain.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Collaborates with R&D and Production to develop and implement processes and associated documents for new products, product changes and product line extensions
- Supports transfer of new products and product changes from R&D to production and supply chain teams
- Design/develop new and continuously improve existing manufacturing processes operations using lean principles that meet sales demands, reduce cost, improve yields, meet health and safety guidelines and enable new product launches
- Supports process risk assessment activities (including PFMEA's) in order to identify critical process parameters and develop appropriate control plans to mitigate risks
- Develop Validation Master Plans for manufacturing processes and write and execute validation protocols in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures
- Adhere to all requirements of the Quality Management System
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform Management of unsafe working conditions
- Other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably Master's Degree
- 1-2 year related working experience; Preferable experience in process design, medical device industry, Lean manufacturing techniques and/or ISO quality management systems
- Experience planning, developing and implementing projects full-cycle is an asset
- Experience with plastics or polymers is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office; Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top