Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our exciting team. This individual is responsible for the maintenance and minor troubleshooting of production equipment & tools in a timely fashion to ensure high equipment availability for Production.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Perform repair and troubleshooting of Production equipment, tools & production support equipment
- Install new equipment set-up for the next production lot
- Perform regular maintenance of equipment to prolong its useful life and increase availability for production use
- Update and maintain records of maintenance for equipment and tools
- Maintain adequate spare parts stock on hand
- Work with Production Team Leaders to support the Total Productive maintenance by training the equipment operator
- Perform some of equipment conversion, set-up and minor maintenance
- Liaise with equipment manufacturer on any equipment issues and troubleshooting concerns
- Develop relationship with external maintenance company for quick help & support especially during unexpected downtime
- Participate in the continuous quality and productivity improvement activities including reduction of set-up, repair, and conversion of equipment
- Completion of the required maintenance documentation
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform Management of unsafe working conditions
- Formal technical training on one or more of the following fields: Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic & Electronics
- Skilled in the usage of basic hand tools, power tools and measuring tools
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and Solid Works (or other drawing software)
- Detail oriented, highly organized, quick-minded and can work under pressure
- Good coordination and communication skills (written and oral)
- Work experience in maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of jigs and equipment in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with maintenance software
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- On-site gym
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top