Junior Quality Systems Developer, Co-op (Fall)
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
Quality Systems Associate integrates with the Electronic Quality Management Systems team, receives training in the various phases of software development and aspects of the Quality Management Systems, and conducts tasks with well-defined scope and objectives.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Apply creativity and technical problem-solving skills to design challenges.
- Assist developers in the customization of eQMS modules.
- Prepare and modify test scripts to prepare for validation testing.
- Conduct investigations related to deviations reported by testers.
- Learn the design, process and validation controls associated with the Reliance Quality Management System.
What you bring to the team
- Actively working towards a Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineer or Computer Science; minimum completion of first year in a recognized post-secondary institution
- Strong interest in biomedical technology
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Experience with MySQL an asset
- Demonstrates good software design and testing practices
- Demonstrated interest in the Quality field
- Knowledge of software validation and regulatory software requirements an asset
- Organization and time management skills
- Works well in a small close knit team and able to readily shift focus Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment is nice to have
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 is nice to have
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site training
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Robert G.Process Engineer
Robert works with a team of engineers to ensure that the production of Baylis devices runs smoothly, meeting and exceeding quality and safety standards while successfully anticipating customer demand.
Back to top