Junior Intellectual Property Associate, Co-op (May Start, 12 Months)
The Intellectual Property Intern is an integral part of the Intellectual Property and Legal Affairs department. This individual will support our Intellectual Property Associates to perform patent research (including researching the state of the art to assess patentability and freedom to operate), to analyze competitors' patents and to assist the IP team with other special projects. The IP Associate will work both independently and collaboratively with the IP team and other departments and will receive strong exposure to various aspects of Intellectual Property.
The ideal candidate has proven writing skills, is able to research and review complex subject matter, and works well with inter-disciplinary teams to accomplish goals.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Conduct patent research using both free as well as proprietary tools
- Conduct competitor analysis as directed
- Liaise between internal departments for IP related matters
- Undertake special projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering required (Biotechnology, Mechanical, Biomedical) Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in university
- Strong interest in intellectual property
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Opportunities to convert into full-time positions, or contract extensions.
- Competitive salary.
- Leaders who support growth and progress through high impact projects and mentorship.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow through on-site training, workshops and lunch and learn sessions.
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Well-being initiatives including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly working environment, with the opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly-growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and Transcript.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical
Back to top