IT Systems Developer
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are currently seeking an IT Systems Developer to join our exciting team. This individual is responsible for the detailed implementation and ongoing support of software-based business systems (e.g. ERP, CRM, eQMS).
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Analysing user requirements with Business Process Owners
- Implementing and maintaining software documentation throughout its lifecycle
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Testing and validating new programs and fault finding
- Evaluating and performing risk analysis of the software and systems
- Developing existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary
- Writing operational documentation with technical authors
- Maintaining systems by troubleshooting, monitoring and correcting software/system defects
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, other developers, Business Process owners, system analysts, sales and marketing professionals, etc.
- Investigating new technologies and leveraging existing technologies to improve business functions
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform Management of unsafe working conditions
What you bring to the team
- Completion of Technical degree, minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Java, Python, SQL, HTML
- Experience in Validated Enterprise Software and required documentation for testing
- Knowledge of cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, EU GMP Annex and software implementation in regulated environments preferred
- Experience in database systems, ERP systems (Epicor), CRM systems (Salesforce) and eQMS (ETQ Reliance) systems preferred
- Significant experience in automated testing preferred
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for Growth
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- On-site Gym
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top