Global Warehousing and Logistics Manager
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Global Logistics Manager oversees the storage and transportation of all components and finished goods for Baylis' global locations. The Global Logistics Manager is responsible for establishing a warehousing and transportation strategy for both components and finished goods, as well as managing Baylis' warehouses worldwide. The Global Logistics Manager is responsible for the management and supervision of the staff in charge of warehousing, inventory handling, and shipping/receiving.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Set and implement the global warehousing strategy for finished goods and raw materials.
- Oversee and improve processes for inventory handling, storage and cycle counting for both raw materials and finished goods. Processes include delivering raw materials to production and on-time shipment of customer orders.
- Ensure that materials, supplies and parts are received, handled, transported, stored and shipped in an efficient manner and in compliance with appropriate procedures and regulations.
- Ensure the ERP system adequately supports the functions of warehousing, inventory management and shipping/receiving.
- Identify, set, monitor and present monthly KPIs related to warehousing and transportation.
- Lead global logistics team. People leadership responsibilities include:
- Motivate and inspire the team to a high level of engagement.
- Encourage, recognize and acknowledge employees who consistently deliver excellence.
- Monitor and manage performance by setting and regularly reviewing individual goals.
- Conduct reviews of staff to provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Identify learning and development needs.
- Ensure adequate employee staffing to support the long-term business plan. Hire and train new team members .
- Champion adherence to safety, quality and regulatory requirements; work in conjunction with the quality department to support compliance to quality system, resolution of quality issues, audits and CAPA program
- Responsible for planning, implementation and effectiveness of significant supply chain process improvement projects
- Support product transfer activities from R&D into manufacturing through participation and resource deployment.
- Champion effective employee relations and communications
- University education in business, science, engineering or equivalent is required.
- 7+ years of related work experience.
- Direct people management experience is required with evidence of strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management is strongly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable concerning materials management, warehousing, shipping/receiving, transportation, ERP, manufacturing operations and general production principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management.
- Experience locating, setting up, configuring and managing warehouses.
- In depth knowledge of customs paperwork and processes especially for Canada-US shipments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, a high attention to detail and good planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Advanced Excel.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Travel is required to global warehouse locations. Must have a valid passport for US and International travel .
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top