Global Logistics Manager
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Global Logistics Manager oversees the storage and transportation of all components and finished goods for Baylis' global locations. in this role you are responsible for establishing a warehousing and transportation strategy for both components and finished goods, as well as managing Baylis' warehouses worldwide. You will manage and supervise of the staff in charge of warehousing, inventory handling, and shipping/receiving.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who has the ability to set strategy, lead major projects to improve our warehousing and transportation, implement significant process changes, as well as lead, motivate and manage a growing team.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Set and implement the global warehousing strategy for finished goods and raw materials.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and effectiveness of significant supply chain improvement projects.
- Oversee and improve processes for inventory handling, storage and cycle counting for both raw materials and finished goods such as delivering raw materials to production and on-time shipment of customer orders.
- Ensure that materials supplies and parts are received, handled, transported, stored and shipped in an efficient manner and in compliance with appropriate procedures and regulations.
- Support product transfer activities from R&D into manufacturing through participation and resource deployment.
- Lead global logistics team by;
- Motivating and inspiring the team to a high level of engagement
- Encouraging, recognizing and acknowledging employees who consistently deliver excellence
- Monitoring and managing performance by setting and regularly reviewing individual goals
- Conducting reviews of staff to provide positive and constructive feedback
- Identifying learning and development needs
- Ensuring adequate employee staffing to support the long-term business plan including hiring and training new team members.
- Ensure the ERP system adequately supports the functions of warehousing, inventory management and shipping/receiving.
- Identify, set, monitor and present monthly KPIs related to warehousing and transportation.
- Champion effective employees relations and communications.
- University education in business, science, engineering or equivalent is required
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Direct people management experience is required with evidence of strong coaching and leadership skills
- Certification in Supply Chain Management is strongly preferred
- Must be knowledgeable concerning materials management, warehousing, shipping/receiving, international transportation, ERP, manufacturing operations and general production principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management for large-scale supply chain improvement projects.
- Previous experience implementing significant improvement supply chain improvement projects.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top