Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Financial Analyst (FP&A) is a key team member in a newly created department working alongside an experienced team of accountants with a strong technical ability. Reporting to the VP, Finance you will bring significant experience in the areas of financial analysis, planning, data analytics and financial reporting for management decision making. Preferably your experience is in a manufacturing.
The Financial Analyst is a forward looking role and requires an avid curiosity and a critical eye while analyzing business data. You will be skilled in asking the right questions to develop a broad understanding of Baylis' business processes, financial process and systems. You will work closely and in conjunction with business leaders on projects, initiatives, monthly reporting and development of detailed annual plans.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of major performance drivers and assist business decision makers to develop plans to meet financial goals and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with all levels of Management to understand what information is required for business decision making.
- Summarize findings in a manner that clearly identifies key business performance issues, to facilitate efficient and effective management decision making.
- Develop and produce meaningful analysis that is actionable and responsive to the business needs.
- Prepare business cases and financial models, review all assumptions and evaluations and update where applicable.
- The ability to mine, extract and manipulate large data sets.
Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Annual reporting to include financial deck preparation, variance analysis, annual plan and forecast.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting; monthly to include forecasts, variance analysis and finance deck preparation.
- Present information including: project analysis, monthly variance analysis and annual plan.
- Present information and facilitate decision making at various levels within the organization to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Help business partners meet objectives by delivering insightful and timely financial analysis.
Planning and Forecasting:
- Participate in and lead budgeting and business planning process.
- Work effectively with the Finance team and operational leaders to create financially viable plans.
- Carry-out "what-if" scenarios and sensitivity analysis.
- Continue to improve and evolve the planning process
- Participate in the planning of and execution of business analysis activities.
- Work with cross functional teams on new projects and initiatives.
- Assist others in the performance of their duties as required.
- Consult with and build strong, positive and influential relationships with the management team and provide financial guidance and direction.
Drives continuous improvement through the adoption of automation tools and streamlined processed and templates.
- Undergraduate degree in business/commerce and/or statistics/mathematics and a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial accounting, preferably in a complex and growth oriented environment is required
- Experience with ERP and/or Salesforce is a great asset
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Self-motivated, agile, comfortable in uncertainty, and a self-starter
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Customer focus
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top