Communications Coordinator , (Summer Co-op)
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the Communications Co-op Student's responsibilities will include:
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Developing and editing copy for Baylis' weekly internal employee newsletter.
- Drafting internal and external facing content, including staff profiles and editorial features.
- Daily media monitoring and creating internal news coverage alerts.
- Contributing to Baylis' social media efforts by drafting content and developing visuals.
- Assisting with the development of internal and external communications plans.
- Assisting with pre-event logistics and provide on-site event support.
- Taking photos at events for internal and external use.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team
- A degree from, or current enrollment in, a public relations or communications post-secondary program.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Solid knowledge of social media channels and best-practices.
- Photography and photo editing skills.
- Good attention to detail.
What we have to offer
- Opportunities to convert into full-time positions, or contract extensions.
- Competitive salary.
- Leaders who support growth and progress through high impact projects and mentorship.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow through on-site training, workshops and lunch and learn sessions.
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Well-being initiatives including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly working environment, with the opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly-growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and Transcript.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Aleen P.Intellectual Property Associate
As part of the intellectual property department, Aleen is responsible for writing applications for inventions, sending them to the government and asking for a grant that gives Baylis the monopoly to make and sell the products.
Back to top