Communications Coordinator, Co-op
We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis Medical is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. Our social culture fosters a collaborative environment where industry experts are dedicated to supporting your professional development. The new addition of a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to our Mississauga facilities allows for a fast-paced, challenging and hands-on atmosphere that promotes a passion for ongoing innovation.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to improve the lives of others?
In our Corporate Communications Department, our employees focus on the development, execution and management of internal and external communication activities that align with our growth strategy and marketing plans. Our communications employees directly support the Baylis corporate brand by ensuring relevant, accurate, helpful, and consistent storytelling. We have a 4 or 8 month term available.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- You will developing and edit copy for Baylis' weekly internal employee newsletter
- You will draft internal and external facing content, including staff profiles and editorial features
- You will monitor daily media and create internal news coverage alerts
- You will contribute to Baylis' social media efforts by drafting content and developing visuals
- You will support the development of internal and external communications plans
- You will assist with pre-event logistics and provide on-site event support
- You will take photos at events for internal and external use
What you bring to the team
- Actively working towards a public relations or communications post-secondary program; Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in college
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid knowledge of social media channels and best-practices
- Photography and photo editing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional groups
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site training
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top