Clinical Associate-Medical Devices
Clinical Associate- Los Angeles, California
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Field Clinical Associate in Los Angeles, California to join our team. In this position, the candidate will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sales, marketing, education, and the research and development of innovative medical devices. The Field Clinical Associate interacts with doctors, nurses, technical staff and engineers to introduce new products, service and support Baylis medical products. The Field Clinical Associate is responsible for conducting hands-on demonstrations for interested parties, assisting the regional team in day-to-day activities that include tradeshow attendance, in-servicing new customers, supporting cases, etc. Based out of Los Angeles, the Clinical Associate will cover the West Coast Region (MT, WA, ID, OR, AK, NV, CA, AZ, NM, and HI) and will support the USA Sales Team and the National Sales Manager.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
• Represents Baylis Medical during cases to ensure customer and patient success with products and demonstrates expertise in troubleshooting techniques.
• Fulfills the duties of a Sales Representative in vacant territories and supports procedures as directed by the Regional Sales Manager.
• Assists Sales Representative, as needed, when opening new accounts with lesser-skilled physicians
• Assists in product demonstration and troubleshooting at medical education events
• Provide technical support when required for new product launches. This includes collection of data and support clinical sites.
• Assists R&D with various animal and lab-based testing, data gathering, and documentation.
• Works with R&D Engineers to gather clinical feedback from the field to assist with product development and design review.
• Works with the Quality department to help track device-related clinical feedback and complaints.
Educates and trains physicians and hospital personnel on technical matters related to our products by conducting and/or coordinating:
One-on-one training sessions
In-service education programs
Seminars and/or outside symposium
Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices, and products.
Provides clinical expertise/guidance to internal colleagues.
Serves as an effective Baylis Medical representative to physicians and supports staff regarding Baylis Medical products. Meets with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals, and requirements.
Use consultative selling techniques to identify potential sales opportunities within the account.
Advises physicians involved in setting up or evaluating Baylis Medical operations in their hospitals.
Promotes products through clinical support and education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area.
Responds to customer needs and reports customer complaints regarding products and service by developing and/or working with other personnel.
Builds rapport with all pertinent account stakeholders, including physicians, nurses, technologists, and administrators.
Assists the Marketing department on product soft-launches.
What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's degree a must, with a focus in physiology, biology, anatomy, and/or nursing sciences preferred.
• 1-3 years of work experience in healthcare, life science, engineering, or technical field.
• Ability to travel 90% of the time to various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Able to work 8am-5pm, with flexibility for early mornings, evenings and weekends based on regional needs.
• Relocation flexibility within predetermined region.
• Possesses strong administrative skills to ensure all necessary paperwork associated with cases or follow-up, or associated with data collection is correct.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand technical information and teach it to others.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to deal with a variety of medical issues.
• Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
What we have to offer
• Initial 8 weeks training course in Montreal and Toronto, Canada where accommodations will be provided by the company. All candidates must have a valid passport prior to their start date.l
• The position is permanent, pending a probationary period
• Base salary
• 401 (k) retirement savings plan with the company match
• Paid time off
• Educational assistance/reimbursement
• Wellness program
• Travel expense fully reimbursed
• Company laptop and cell phone
• Various social and recreational activities
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top