Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Buyer Planner to join our Supply Chain team. This individual is responsible for the procurement of production parts and scheduling production for a defined group of medical devices. The Buyer Planner is responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of raw materials and for ensuring the production schedule meets customer orders and maintains finished goods safety stocks.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
• Use the materials planning module in the ERP system to generate purchase requirements of components
• Support all functions to ensure timely material availability
• Monitor material usage to ensure materials are available for production
• Follow up on the status of outstanding purchase orders, develop and communicate recovery plan
• Interpret and maintain accurate manufacturing BOM (bill of materials) and planning parameters of the item master records to facilitate smooth running of the ERP systems
• Participate in supplier performance evaluation/scorecard process
• Prepare and analyze reports as needed
• Prepare production schedule based on requirements, raw material availability and production capacity
• Meet and liaise with the Production Team Leaders and Production Manager regularly to discuss schedules, set priorities and expedite completion of the jobs
• Prepare information for the weekly Production Meeting-report the status of inventory and production-highlight/resolve production issues
• Liaise with major customers and various suppliers-participate in conference call meetings
• Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform management of unsafe work conditions.
What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Science required
• 1-3 years previous experience in a Buyer Planner role
• Intermediate skills in Excel with proven experience in Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
• Previous experience working with an ERP system or similar databases is an asset
• Experience in purchasing production planning, scheduling and controlling
• Excellent planning skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Analytical and problem solving skills are also highly valued in the role
• Detail oriented, highly organized, fast paced and can work well under pressure
• Good coordination, organizational, communication and leadership skills
What we have to offer
• Opportunity for growth
• Competitive salary and benefits
• RRSP matching
• Flexible start times
• On site gym facility
• Educational assistance/reimbursement
• Wellness Program
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top