It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
We are currently seeking a Buyer Planner to join our Supply Chain team. This individual is responsible for the procurement of production parts and scheduling production for a defined group of medical devices. The Buyer Planner reviews, analyzes and summarizes inventory data, maintains appropriate levels of raw materials and ensures the production schedule meets customer orders keeping optimal finished goods safety stocks.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Use the materials planning module in the ERP system to generate purchase requirements of components.
- Monitor material usage to ensure materials are available for production.
- Follow up on the status of outstanding purchase orders, develop and communicate recovery plan.
- Interpret and maintain accurate manufacturing BOM (bill of materials) and planning parameters of the item master records to facilitate smooth running of the ERP systems.
- Participate in supplier performance evaluation/scorecard process.
- Prepare production schedule based on requirements, raw material availability and production capacity.
- Meet and liaise with the Production Team Leaders and Production Manager regularly to discuss schedules, set priorities and expedite completion of the jobs.
- Prepare information for the weekly Production Meeting-report the status of inventory and production-highlight/resolve production issues.
- Prepare business intelligence reports, gathering large amounts of data from different sources.
- Analyze data and reports using statistical techniques. Derive insights from large data sets and make recommendations to improve key supply chain metrics such as inventory turns, customer service levels, and overall efficiency.
- Liaise with major customers and various suppliers-participate in conference call meetings
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform management of unsafe work conditions
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Science required
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Proficient in MS Office including advanced MS Excel
- Previous experience working with an ERP system or similar databases is an asset
- Experience in purchasing, production planning, scheduling and controlling
- Analytical and problem solving skills are highly valued in the role
- Excellent planning skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Detail oriented, highly organized, fast paced and can work well under pressure
- Good coordination, organizational, communication and leadership skills
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top