Assembler, Medical Devices
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
We are seeking full time Assemblers, Medical Devices to help assemble and inspect medical devices according to the approved manufacturing protocols.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assembly line production work by following written instructions (protocol).
- Operate semi-automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality.
- Use measuring, hand or power tools.
- Check products at different stages of production using magnifiers or microscope for visual defects.
- Identify acceptable and sort defective product.
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
- Perform other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Manufacturing working experience preferred but not required.
- Operating mold press or manual soldering experience an asset.
- Completion of secondary school education required
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- English language competency (oral, reading and writing skills).
- Basic knowledge of using measuring devices (e.g. ruler, calipers).
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to work and manufacture small and delicate parts.
- Computer knowledge
- Full time position
- Morning shift (7:30am to 4pm), Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paid lunch break included
- RRSP matching
- Clean and friendly work environment
- Opportunity for work overtime
- On site gym facility
- Employee shuttle bus service from and to Kipling Station
Starting Wage: $15.25/hr
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top