Assembler, Medical Devices
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a fast-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world. Based out of Mississauga, Baylis is adding a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to its existing facilities. This Centre will allow us to develop more technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, and will create hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
We are seeking full time Assemblers, Medical Devices to assemble, inspect, label, and/or package medical devices according to the approved manufacturing protocols.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assembly line production work by following written instructions (protocol).
- Operate semi-automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality.
- Check products at different stages of production using magnifiers or microscope for visual defects.
- Identify acceptable and sort defective product.
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
- Perform other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Experience in manufacturing preferred
- Operating mold press or manual soldering experience an asset
- Completion of high school diploma or GED
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- English language competency (oral, reading and writing skills).
- Basic knowledge of using measuring devices (e.g. ruler, calipers).
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to work and manufacture small and delicate parts.
- Basic computer skills
- Full time position
- Morning shift (7:30am to 4pm), Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Paid lunch break included
- RRSP matching
- Clean and friendly work environment
- Opportunity for work overtime
- On site gym facility
- Employee shuttle bus service from and to Kipling Station
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top