Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide financial, administrative and clerical support. Reporting to the Credit and Collections Team Lead. Candidate should proactively research and resolve customer invoice problems and consult with appropriate personnel in other departments to accelerate the payment process.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
Accounts Receivable, billing and collections
- Timely Processing of invoices and credit memo
- Mail and/ or e-mail customer original invoice copies, file hard copies in master records and maintain Customer Special Instructions
- Ability to handle general billing inquiries in a satisfactory manner and apply tact, diplomacy & resourcefulness; Handle objections & excuses, apply soft calling techniques, where appropriate, to manage & control situations effectively.
- Respond promptly to customer requests for account information, POD, invoice back up, P.O.'s, etc.
- Liaise with Customer Service Team regarding pricing issues and Shipping Coordinator for POD requested by customers.
- Make sure all payments and credits have been applied to customers account prior to running the aging
- Prepare a statement of accounts for customers when required
- Document call activity details in Collections system to reflect action taken; Update customer account information with, e.g., commitments to pay, amounts & dates, collection call updates.
- Month End procedures
- Accurately and timely processing and posting of customer payments by recording checks, EFT/ACH/wires, and credit card transactions.
- Research/follow up and correspond with customers AR payment discrepancies
- Maintain, organize and file customer correspondence, cash receipts & adjustment reports
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business from a recognized Canadian college or comparable work experience.
- Minimum five years of post-diploma work in accounts receivable/credit and collections experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Accounts receivable; full cycle functions ~ 5+ years required
- Credit and collections ~ 3 +years required
- Mathematical ability: perform basic math skills, reconcile and calculate problems,
- Advanced computer skills and good typing skills to prepare correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Minimum three years of work experience actively using MS Office skills, Word and Excel at an intermediate/advanced level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers around the World in different time zones.
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly customer service minded.
- Possess superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Aleen P.Intellectual Property Associate
As part of the intellectual property department, Aleen is responsible for writing applications for inventions, sending them to the government and asking for a grant that gives Baylis the monopoly to make and sell the products.
Back to top