We are looking for a Sales Engineer who loves working with rapidly growing customers, in a wide variety of verticals, with very different goals/challenges.
You will be working with our prospects on the pre-sales side. This means you’ll be closely partnered with our Account Executives to help show our prospects what innovative technology and a scientific approach to sales can do for their growth. Sales Engineers see a high volume/wide variety of deals, you will use this experience to help architect the best solution possible for our customers, explain how these solutions work technically (to both CTOs and those with a much much less comprehensive understanding of technology), and help break down any barriers in the sales process. You will answer questions about how other customers use Base, our APIs, and build relationships with customers. You will be a “source of truth” for how Base works, internally and externally.
With the right candidate, there is a lot we can help bring you up to speed on. Knowledge of the CRM space and web service APIs would be best to have out of the gate. Familiarity with JSON is a plus.
Your responsibilities as a Sales Engineer will include:
- Providing contextual proof that Base will meet or exceed our prospect’s goals for improvement in sales productivity
- Simplifying the discussion of how APIs are used to make sure data gets to where it needs to go
- Support the sales team with discovery meetings & integration requirements
- Helping scale and improve the efficiency of our sales process, especially in the later stages
- Being great on the phone with an awesome sense of humor
- Being a strong presenter, especially over the web on a screen share meeting
- Provide feedback to help improve the quality of our product
- Work closely with Customer Success team to hand off new customers
- STRONG verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ability to manage your own time productively
- Experience with CRM systems
- 2-3 years of Sales Engineering or similar role, preferably with SaaS
- Deep understanding of technology and software integration
- Ability to present in front of an audience and lead customer demos over the web as well as in person
- An understanding of the sales application ecosystem and integrations preferred
- Great teammate mentality, collaborative operating style
We pride ourselves in hiring motivated and creative individuals who love what they do. If learning by doing, helping others solve tough problems, and working at a fast pace modern sales organization are important to you, come join Base!
What we offer
- Ownership of the projects you are working on
- Team of passionate people who love what they do
- Real influence on what exactly we build and how
- Ability to impact the way thousands of people work every day
And everything you need to do your job effectively:
- Choice of your own hardware
- Personal development funds
- Daily catered lunch, fruits and lots of caffeine
- Flexible hours and vacation time
Apply for this position
Back to top