- Tucson, AZ
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
As a Vascular Tech, you will be responsible for performing carotid, venous, peripheral and abdominal vascular ultrasound studies. You will also assist with the vascular surgical clinics with patient care. This consist working with outpatients and inpatients periodically. Being ARDMS Certified and experience in working with vascular surgeons previously is a plus. However, we will also consider individuals who have attended accredited educational programs or who have ultrasound experience. We are willing to train in our non-invasive vascular lab and wanting to learn something new. This position works main at BUMC- North campus but must be flexible to work at BUMC- Tucson campus when needed.
Fulltime | Day Shift: 8:00AM - 4:30PM | Monday - Friday | No on call required
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet ™ designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
This position functions as an interdisciplinary team member in providing quality patient care and performance of non-invasive vascular studies.
1. Obtains patient histories and acquires and analyzes data obtained using ultrasound and related diagnostic technologies; provides a summary of findings to the physicians to aid in patient diagnosis and management. Assumes responsibility for the safety of patients being studied, the quality control of the examination and the accuracy of the data obtained from the study. Provides basic patient education in preparation for angiography, venography or surgery. Schedules vascular patients for invasive procedures and surgery.
2. Participates in weekly vascular surgery clinics to facilitate patients being seen, treated and admitted.
3. Performs a continual review of literature to remain current with the development of new non-invasive diagnostic tests that may be implemented in the vascular lab. Attends and participates in weekly vascular/radiology and basic science conferences.
4. Teaches techniques of non-invasive vascular diagnosis to medical students, house staff, community based physicians, and other vascular diagnostic trainees; the Vascular Technologist may provide training to other Vascular Technologists.
5. Assists those involved in vascular related research studies.
6. Helps maintain QA, statistics and standards in accordance with the ICAVL regulations that ensure the vascular labs national accreditation.
7. Assists with inventory and supply ordering and the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Helps run remote vascular lab sites.
8. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers may include patient family.
Successful completion the National Registered Vascular Technologist Certification Examination,
Requires two years full time experience working in a non-invasive vascular lab and competent skills in both performing the studies and interpretation of the results are required. The knowledge and skills necessary for these positions include a working knowledge of the principles and techniques of vascular technology and a working knowledge of the equipment used, its operation and the daily care and periodic maintenance required. The ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member in a vascular lab setting, good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to set priorities, exercise sound judgment and to work independently are also required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top