- Mesa, AZ
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
If you have a passion for supporting the team in Patient Transport at Banner Baywood Medical Center, this is the place you want to work. Patient Transport is an integral part of the Clinical Care Operations department which supports the patient flow and placement throughout this facility. We focus on our staff and empowering them to be engaged in the work that we do for our patients.
As a Patient Transporter, your role is crucial in providing services to Banner Baywood Medical Center. Working in a team atmosphere to transport patients with efficiency and the upmost patient safety is critical to this position. In addition to transporting patients, your responsibility will include transporting specimens to the lab and equipment as needed to its rightful place. If you enjoy working with a great team of professionals in an exciting environment, you will want to apply for this job. Our scheduling offers flexibility to reach your full potential and grow within healthcare.Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
1. Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients' identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
2. Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
3. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
4. Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
5. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
6. May perform supply restocking or assume clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
7. May be required to operate golf cart to provide distribution services.
8. May be required to transport deceased persons to the facility morgue.
9. Facility based position. Responsible for the timely delivery of services with a strong focus on customer service. Customers are staff, physicians, patients, family members and visitors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top