Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
This Speech Pathologist, SLP, position offers excellent potential for clinical development in that it supports both the Tucson and South Campus locations. The right candidate would be part of our Rehab team as we evaluate and treat high acuity pediatric and adult patients in multiple specialty critical care and medical units. Our Speech Therapist provide MBS, FEES and laryngectomy amidst a multidisciplinary team.
This is a full time, day shift opportunity with a weekend requirement. Enjoy a $3/hr weekend differential.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
1. Evaluates patients' functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients' physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Current licensure in the state of practice. Certificate of Clinical Competence or documented acceptance in Clinical Fellowship Year. BLS certification required.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.