Senior EVS Associate Floor Tech
- Mesa, AZ
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
Our leadership team prides itself on support and teamwork approach while ensuring a strong focus on growth and mentoring. Our vision is to provide our staff an environment to thrive and create an exceptional patient experience!Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
This position conducts heavy cleaning and floor care work such as carpet cleaning, stripping/refinishing hard floor surfaces, and special projects. Operates and maintains power cleaning equipment and responds to assigned service requests such as project cleaning, equipment removal, trash or linen removal. Sets an example of excellent customer service while maintaining a safe and clean environment and identifying safety issues related to housekeeping.
1. Responds promptly to all requests for cleaning services via computerized and paper based tracking systems. Conducts requested work, such as removal, replacement, cleaning of equipment and furniture, or cleaning of an area. Maintains reports by keeping task and infection control logs of completed daily tasks and events, and documentation required for the request tracking system. Focuses on, and serves as a role model of, responsive customer service.
2. Performs specialty cleaning and infection control functions in specialized areas such as clinical areas, surgical suite, Cath lab, specialty rooms, and sterile areas. Conduct specialized gowning and cleaning procedures specific to infectious elements in isolation rooms. Maintains proper Infection Control cleaning standards at all times, including hand hygiene requirements.
3. Maintains cleanliness and operational functioning of department equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs. Protects equipment from damage by proper use and properly logs out and in equipment that is used.
4. Assesses environmental conditions to ensure that the facility is neat, clean, safe and orderly. Anticipates and resolves clutter and safety issues. Exercises judgment in deciding which problems need to be quickly referred to a Supervisor for assistance. Maintains communication with immediate supervisor and/or facilities services staff, about status of repair completion in the facility; follows up as assigned.
5. Provides leadership for less experienced associates. May assist with on-the-job training for other staff in cleaning techniques, chemical usage, supply restocking, and infection control procedures including hand hygiene. Focuses on and serves as a role model of responsive customer service.
6. Performs scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction. Calculates quantities and mix ratio of cleaning chemicals.
7. Works under regular supervision within assigned facility. Internal customers include staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other facilities.
Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired over one to two years of diversified environmental service work experience in a health care or institutional setting. Must have a working knowledge of how to operate typical industrial cleaning equipment and the use of cleaning techniques appropriate to the healthcare environment. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to provide instructions and information to others. Must be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal and written instructions. Must accomplish assigned work despite frequent interruptions and changing priorities, and have the ability to multi-task in coordinating several projects simultaneously. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Basic computer skills are helpful. Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top