- Scottsdale, AZ
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion for Behavioral Health to Banner Health! Banner Behavioral Health Hospital in Scottsdale, AZ was remodeled and expanded in 2017, providing new, state-of-the art units for our patients and staff! Banner Behavioral Health Hospital is a voluntary facility for adults and adolescents. We are dedicated to providing safe, confidential, and compassionate treatment with customized treatment plans to meet each patient's needs.
As a Recreational Therapist for Banner Behavioral Health Hospital you will be responsible for providing therapeuticgroups in any number of our on-siteamenities. These groups will range in ages from adolescents to adults and you will work closely with the nurses, specialists and physiciansto collaborate on the best patient care possible and to drive Banner's mission and team goals. Excellent treatment and documentation are vital to this role and training will be provided. This position will work Part-Time Friday, Saturday and Sunday every week with the hours typically from 9am to 5:30pm.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
This position provides screening, evaluation and rehabilitation services for patients with cognitive, communication, social, physical and behavioral deficits related to leisure and recreational pursuits. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
1. Evaluates patients functional leisure abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans for leisure activities that consider patients' physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient participation and advancement according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in program development of recreational therapy services.
6. May assist with staff orientation and training; coordination of work flow; and evaluation of recreational therapy program.
7. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions with supervision and collaboration of treatment team. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or Human Services from an accredited university training program.
Licensure as required by state of practice.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
National Council for Therapeutic Recreation certification.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top