- Payson, AZ
Sun City West, Arizona
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Patient Transporter at Banner Del Webb Medical Center, you will play an important role in the safety of our patients by assisting nurses with moving/transporting patients throughout the facility with various equipment, including wheelchairs and stretchers. Transporters can walk up to 10 miles throughout the day! You will be joining our very energetic and engaged Clinical Care Operations (CCO) team that we like to call family! Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required (must meet AHA curriculum guidelines).
This is a full time, 30 hour a week, position. Holiday and weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
1. Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients' identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
2. Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
3. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
4. Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
5. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
6. May perform supply restocking or assume clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
7. May be required to operate golf cart to provide distribution services.
8. May be required to transport deceased persons to the facility morgue.
9. Facility based position. Responsible for the timely delivery of services with a strong focus on customer service. Customers are staff, physicians, patients, family members and visitors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top