General Operations and Culinary Services
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, "where can I go for help?" The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation's leading cancer centers, Banner Health's cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff. A vital member of the team includes our clinical nurse navigators who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner MD Anderson will be by their side.
We treat our cancer patients with a holistic approach. We are not just treating the disease, we are treating the patient every step of the way. With oversight of our Multi-Disciplinary Program, we work in partnership with the clinical piece to guide patients on their Nutrition, Psychology, Radiology, Social Work, Thoracic, all combined within one program centering around the cancer and disease specific needs of the patient. We are looking for a strong leader to oversee the marketing and coordination between the holistic approach and the clinical piece to ensure nothing gets missed for our patients, and they can be seen in one place.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5pm
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position facilitates multiple functions designed to promote the optimal performance of Multi-Disciplinary Programs (MDPs). This position will coordinate efforts across the system to optimize representation of all MDPs and support clinical, operational and research initiatives. This position is responsible for assisting with ensuring ongoing compliance and operational performance of clinical programs and projects. Supports the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and continuous improvement of the relevant programs. Enhances the Program though the coordination of daily operations, community education and activities using a comprehensive team approach. Ensures program compliance with regulatory and insurance standards.
1. Provides support to the delivery of integrated patient care throughout delivery sites by assuring care is coordinated through collaboration of MDPs and processes are followed from diagnosis into survivorship. Navigates patients through the process and serves as a point of contact. Ensures consistency in the structure and function of the assigned multiple disciplines. Reviews ongoing assessments of strengths and weaknesses of MDPs and identifies opportunities for growth.
2. In collaboration with Marketing, Communications, and Strategy will provide input into the development of educational and promotional materials for community medical education. Advises internal partners as to branding opportunities for the MDPs. Partners with Business Development to identify and assists as appropriate in the cultivation of community partnerships and helping to foster the growth of the programs. Oversees on-sight contacts to increase awareness of and referrals to target programs/services.
3. Collaborates with business and data analysts to report on key clinical, operational and quality metrics including data relevant to patient experience, access information and NPS. Assists patient relations and managers to address service complaints and facilitate service recovery.
4. Ensures funds provided by donations to MDPs through the Banner Health Foundation are utilized according to donor-intent; tracks and provides information and metrics requested by the Banner Health Foundation to meet donor reporting obligations.
5. Develops and maintains positive relationships with professionals, national and/or local associations and planning agencies. Serves on committees as an ambassador for the assigned multiple disciplines and represents the organization in task forces, community affairs and special project groups when necessary.
6. Aligns the goals of assigned MDPS with those of the Cancer Center. Helps solidify the "identity" of each of the assigned MDPs, helping define the breadth and depth of activity at the programmatic level. Maintains high level of engagement among MDP members.
7. In partnership with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston ensures communication and alignment of the assigned multiple disciplines with counterparts, facilitates communication and identifies opportunities for research collaboration between BMDA and MDA.
8. Promotes engagement, productivity, and competencies of staff team members. Mentors staff and onboards new team members to provide value to our internal and external customers, critical thinking, and problem solving. Supports Program Leaders with the planning, conduct and documentation of team meetings.
9. This position reports to an administrator or executive level position. Internal customers include but are not limited to employees, patients, and other directors and administrators at the local, regional, and corporate levels. External customers include donors, practicing physicians, vendors, and a community, state, or regional area.
Must possess knowledge and skills typically attained through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, nursing or other health-related field.
Must demonstrate abilities normally attained with 5 or more years of experience in program development, management and evaluation in a healthcare environment. This position can require extensive travel and must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
Requires excellent knowledge of commonly used office software.
A Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business Administration, Health Administration (MSN, MPH, MBA, MHA) or related field is strongly preferred. Also preferred are prior experience with program development, background/experience in the treatment/care of target patients, for target procedures, etc., as well as related professional registrations and certifications.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.