Licensed Behavioral Health Case Manager
- Payson, AZ
Sun City West, Arizona
Behav Hlth Case Mgmt-Hosp
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a Licensed Behavioral Health Case Manager, you will work in our Sage Unit Banner Del Webb, which services patients with an assortment of mental health diagnoses. The case management role is essential to the daily functions of the unit with relation to discharges, utilization reviews, admits, group therapy, family sessions, 1:1 therapy, and treatment plans.
This is a full-time position that will provide day coverage Tuesday-Saturday. This role will provide oversight of the Expressive Art Therapy interventions and deal heavily with our Geriatric patient population. Certification as an Expressive Art Therapist and inpatient Behavioral Health Case Management experience is preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
This position provides comprehensive care coordination for patients as assigned. This position assesses the patient's plan of care and develops, implements, monitors and documents the utilization of resources and progress of the patient through their care, facilitating options and services to meet the patient's health care needs. The intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payer requirements. This position is accountable for the quality of clinical services delivered by both them and others and identifies/resolves barriers which may hinder effective patient care.
1. Manages individual patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
2. Acts in a leadership function with process improvement activities for populations of patients to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
3. Evaluates the medical necessity and appropriateness of care, optimizing patient outcomes.
4. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
5. Acts in a leadership function to collaboratively develop and manage the interdisciplinary patient discharge plan. Effectively communicates the plan across the continuum of care.
6. Educates internal members of the health care team on case management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
7. May supervise other staff.
Requires master's degree in social work or related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years clinical experience and as required by state law, a licensure in at least one of the following categories: social work, professional counseling or marriage and family. (Certification requires two years post graduate experience in a mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and documented supervised clinical experience.)
Positions providing direct services to substance abuse program patients must also possess board licensure in addictions as required by state.
Must have a working knowledge of care management, hospital and community resources.
Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, and time management skills.
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team format.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top