- Scottsbluff, NE
HIMS Operating Svc Ctr-WR
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Do you have a passion for helping patients and providers with providing excellent customer service for records retrieval? We have a wonderful opportunity for serving patients in our community with record release and scanning information into the Electronic Medical Record. The HIMS Department is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records. In this role, you will be scanning and verifying documentation from various Banner Health departments, ensuring documentation is stored in the correct location, process birth certificates, and ROI for patients and providers. This is a part time 24 hour per week position working 3 days a week with a shift of Wednesday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm. This fast-paced position requires attention to detail and the ability to multi- task.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position performs a variety of HIMS functions, including one or more of the following: record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and/or providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility's medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
1. Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
3. Provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means including coordinating birth registrations with State recording processes.
4. Performs the document imaging function as required, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
5. Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
6. Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, providing training for Dragon/voice recognition applications, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
7. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and medical record requirements. Has assigned responsibility within a department or clinic. Customers are physicians and office staff, nursing and ancillary staff.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top