General Operations and Culinary Services
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
As part of our Culinary team, as a Food Service Worker you will be responsible for providing service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.Some of the additional dutiesas aFood Service Worker isthecleaning of the kitchen and dining room and dishwashing throughout your day. You will be cross-trained to many of the areas in the kitchen, including cashier, tray line, dishwashing, and other back of the house and front of house duties, ensuring we keep up with the process flow. You will assist with food prep, unbox foods and supplies, lifting and carrying boxes from storage and ensure shelves are restocked.
This position is scheduled to work 10:30-7:00pm or 11:00am-8:00pm with varied days all during the week and weekend.
This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail café. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
1. Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
4. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
5. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service.
6. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
7. This position interacts with other food service department personnel, hospital staff, patients and families. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
POS (cash register) when applicable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.