- Tucson, AZ
At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a EEG/END Technologist at Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you will have the opportunity to work with a team that provides epilepsy monitoring to patients and help with 24/7 EEG coverage and monitor our patients safely. This opportunity is full-time; 40hrs/wk. This position Requires Registration in Electroencephalography with the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet ™ designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
This position performs standard and complex prescribed electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable.
1. Performs prescribed standard and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potential procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the procedure.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists in nerve conduction velocity procedures, where applicable in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
6. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
7. Assists in scheduling of patients, charge entry and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
8. Independently performs prescribed routine and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Requires Registration in Electroencephalography with the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
This position requires EEG and Evoked Potentials knowledge typically achieved with three years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, advanced mathematical skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top