$10,000 Sign-on Bonus
At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a CT Technologist, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. Banner University Medical Imaging offers cutting edge medicine in combination with the most advanced imaging technologies currently available. Located in the beautiful, new Tower 1 at Banner University Medical Center as well as other locations throughout Tucson, our state-of-the-art Imaging Department provides unparalleled imaging services to a distinctly unique class of patients. Our CT positions are Full-Time and there is Day Shift or Night Shift available. In a night shift role you are eligible for an 18% shift differential. This position is eligible for a flat rate of $3 weekend differential.
*If selected, the recruiter will provide eligibility criteria for the sign-on bonus
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. (NMTCB)
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required within 18 months of hire if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.