Certified Nursing Assistant Adult Acute Care Telemetry
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Licensed / certified Nursing Assistants working in the Adult Acute Care service line at BOMC will have an opportunity develop and grow in a people centered culture. This 60-bed service line is a blend of telemetry and med/surg patients. Every room in the service line is telemetry capable and will utilize the latest technology including smart phones with CareAware connect as a mode of communication.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
We currently have Full time (36/wk) Day and Night shifts, as well as Part time (24/wk) Day shifts available
The new Banner Ocotillo Medical Center is now open. Located on the southeast corner of Alma School Road and Loop 202 Santan Freeway. The four story, 245,000 square foot comprehensive medical care center situated on an 18-acre campus, will open with approximately 96 beds with room for expansion while providing imaging, surgery, labor and delivery, intensive care and an emergency room.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
The new Banner Ocotillo Medical Center will open later this year on the southeast corner of Alma School Road and Loop 202 Santan Freeway. The four story, 245,000 square foot comprehensive medical care center situated on an 18-acre campus, will open with approximately 96 beds with room for expansion while providing imaging, surgery, labor and delivery, intensive care and an emergency room.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient's health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
6. May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
7. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Tucson: Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires. Existing Tucson incumbents may not transfer out of their geographical market without meeting the CNA requirement.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top