Behavioral Health RN Associate Director
- Payson, AZ
Additional Job Description
*Sign-On Bonus up to $7,500 for 18 month commitment.
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion for Behavioral Health to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center! Our Behavioral Health Unit is made up of 56 beds and cares for a wide range of different mental health diagnoses as well as those behavioral health patients whom have co-morbidities that require an extra level of acute medical care.
As an Associate Director, you will lead a team that works in an acute behavioral health care setting, treating adults with severe behavioral health and chemical dependency needs. You will provide 24 hour managerial and clinical oversight for the 80 nursing employees in order to ensure high quality, safe, and cost effective care to our patients. If you are looking for excitement, a real sense of accomplishment, and recognition for a job well done, this is the opportunity for you!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
1. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
2. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
3. Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
4. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
5. Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Manages large single unit or multiple clinical units to ensure excellent patient care. Actively develops leadership of entry level nurse manager(s) while leading clinical improvement initiatives. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1, 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their by BSN or MSN July 1, 2015. Employees working at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through two years of clinical management experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer's disease and developmental disabilities.
Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top