Associate Director RN Observation Unit
- Payson, AZ
Sun City, Arizona
At Banner Health, we believe that "leadership matters" and is a key component to providing excellent patient care. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence, and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Observation status patients receive rapid evaluation, testing, and treatment. The throughput for Observation patients is challenging yet rewarding. The staff inspire exceptional teamwork as the RNs, PCAs, Case Management and Providers all work closely together to provide excellent patient care and achieve rapid throughput for patients. The ideal leader that Banner is seeking is highly engaged with their staff, is a "present leader," innovative in their approach and has the proven talent of implementation/execution on given initiatives.
As our Senior RN Manager, you will continue to develop your leadership skills by overseeing direct care staff. Day to day operations include understanding the financial oversight of departmental budgets, productivity and supplies. As the clinical leader you will have 24-hour accountability for your area of responsibility. The position reports to and is supported by the Director. This exciting and challenging position allows you to use your clinical expertise to ensure the provision of high quality, compassionate, safe and cost-effective patient care while growing and supporting a talented staff.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalT from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
1. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
2. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
3. Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
4. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
5. Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1, 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their by BSN or MSN July 1, 2015.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through two years of clinical management experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer's disease and developmental disabilities.
Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Back to top