Web Services Engineer
Position at CreditCards.com
We are looking for someone who loves MVC frameworks, turning complex data from multiple sources into streamlined user-friendly tools, and integrating APIs.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
- Develop scalable web services for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build internal reporting and configuration tools for financial and consumer data
- Work with UX team where necessary to implement wireframes and integrate front-end assets
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Design new API specifications for use inside and outside the organization
- Work with advanced caching, queuing, and data store technologies
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with an MVC web framework (e.g. Python Django, Ruby on Rails, or PHP)
- Proficiency with implementing new data schemas in a database as well as the model layer of a framework
- Proficiency with consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2)
- Familiarity with how databases work, experience in a relational paradigm (e.g. MySQL) as well as NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, passenger, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber)
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently looking for Texas candidates only. You must currently live in the State of Texas to be considered.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top