Web Services Engineer
Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is seeking a Web Services Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge web services for consumer-facing financial applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations.
We are looking for someone who loves MVC frameworks, turning complex data from multiple sources into streamlined user-friendly tools, and integrating APIs.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
- Develop scalable web services for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build internal reporting and configuration tools for financial and consumer data
- Work with UX team where necessary to implement wireframes and integrate front-end assets
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Design new API specifications for use inside and outside the organization
- Work with advanced caching, queuing, and data store technologies
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with an MVC web framework (e.g. Python Django, Ruby on Rails, or PHP)
- Proficiency with implementing new data schemas in a database as well as the model layer of a framework
- Proficiency with consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2)
- Familiarity with how databases work, experience in a relational paradigm (e.g. MySQL) as well as NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, passenger, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber)
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
CreditCards.com is a leading online credit card marketplace, bringing consumers and card issuers together. Our site is a free online resource where consumers can compare hundreds of credit card offers by category, including low interest credit cards, credit cards with rewards programs, airline credit cards, cash back credit cards, small business credit cards, student credit cards, instant approval credit cards as well as prepaid debit cards. Over one million unique users access our web site each month.
CreditCards.com is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
Back to top