VP of Ad Products and Revenue Optimization
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate is the go-to personal finance website that empowers, educates and helps consumers navigate through every stage of their financial journey. We are also the leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 cobranded websites with online partners, including some of the most trusted and frequently visited personal finance sites, such as Comcast, Yahoo!, CNBC, MSN and Bloomberg. Hundreds of financial services companies turn to Bankrate to reach the millions of in-market consumers.
Summary: This role has two aspects to it that are both critical to the long term success of Bankrate.com. First, this role will work closes with Product, Sales, and Analytics to find, measure, and launch revenue optimization initiatives across our existing and new revenue lines. Second, this role will define, implement, and directly manage the teams associated our long term Display strategy as it relates to the overall revenue optimization tactics.
- Collaborate with Sales, Account Management, Publisher Development, Product, Marketing, and Analytics teams to test, QA, and implement new products, ad units, creative executions prior to launch
- Define our long term Display strategy within the revenue optimization roadmap, directly manage the team responsible for implementing that strategy
- Assess current processes, infrastructure, and work with internal teams to maximize sustainable yield
- Responsible for building and optimizing revenue-generating ad products, positioning and launching them successfully to the market, and providing analytics and reporting to show their efficacy.
- Ensure that Bankrate is at the forefront of digital advertising, with regard to technical operations, product development, data management and efficiency
- Provide leadership at both the operational and strategic level for buy side and sell side programmatic opportunities
- Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at agency trading desks, DSP's, Exchanges, and other sources of programmatic demand.
- Recruit, hire, and develop operations/support talent
- Identify and optimize new revenue generating opportunities across our site
- Deliver against revenue targets
- Develop, optimize and recommend new audience segments to capitalize on market demand and our data management platform (DMP) supply
- Identify valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc
- Manage channel conflict, optimize daisy chain for best risk/reward scenarios
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance overall sales, business and ad operations
- Supervise customer service, business operations and ad trafficking initiatives across sales team
- Drive micro-level forecasting and monthly reporting process in concert with CRO and the CFO
- Understand the needs of these buyers and actively advocate on their behalf to our product organization. Leverage data-driven user insights to influence product change
- 5-10 years working in the digital advertising ecosystem, ideally with both supply and demand side experience.
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Deep understanding of front-end ad product implementation
- Must have Expert knowledge base related to ad serving technologies, best practices, reporting (DFP, DFA, Doubleclick)
- Must have experience with Programmatic solutions (especially Private Marketplace), with an eye on Programmatic Direct
- Experience implementing new products internally and managing technology partners that facilitate behavioral/audience retargeting, data, mobile ad serving, SSPs, DSPs, DMPs
- Outstanding communication skills
- A deep familiarity with the advertising ecosystem and sophisticated ad operations is required, including programmatic, yield optimization, inventory management, pricing, and more.
- Knowledge of core Ad Technology related problems such as inventory management and reporting.
- Solution leader: able to shape the road map of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relation with our Product Management, R&D team
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top