VP of Ad Products and Revenue Optimization
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate is the go-to personal finance website that empowers, educates and helps consumers navigate through every stage of their financial journey. We are also the leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 cobranded websites with online partners, including some of the most trusted and frequently visited personal finance sites, such as Comcast, Yahoo!, CNBC, MSN and Bloomberg. Hundreds of financial services companies turn to Bankrate to reach the millions of in-market consumers.
What makes this role so desirable? It has two aspects to it that are critical to the long term success of Bankrate.com. First, this role will work closes with Product, Sales, and Analytics to find, measure, and launch revenue optimization initiatives across our existing and new revenue lines. Second, this role will define, implement, and directly manage the teams associated our long term Display strategy as it relates to the overall revenue optimization tactics. If you are Business minded and execution driven, this role is for you.
- Collaborate with Sales, Account Management, Publisher Development, Product, Marketing, and Analytics teams to test, QA, and implement new products, ad units, creative executions prior to launch
- Define our long term Ad Product strategy within the revenue optimization roadmap, directly manage the team responsible for implementing that strategy
- Identify our largest opportunities from a Revenue per Visitor perspective and make business cases to resource and pursue those opportunities.
- Assess current processes, infrastructure, and work with internal teams to maximize sustainable yield
- Responsible for building and optimizing revenue-generating ad products, positioning and launching them successfully to the market, and providing analytics and reporting to show their efficacy.
- Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at agency trading desks, DSP's, Exchanges, and other sources of programmatic demand.
- Deliver against revenue targets
- Develop, optimize and recommend new audience segments to capitalize on market demand and our data management platform (DMP) supply
- Identify valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc
- Manage channel conflict, optimize daisy chain for best risk/reward scenarios
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance overall sales, business and ad operations
- Supervise customer service, business operations and ad trafficking initiatives across sales team
- Drive micro-level forecasting and monthly reporting process in concert with CRO and the CFO
- Understand the needs of these buyers and actively advocate on their behalf to our product organization. Leverage data-driven user insights to influence product change
- 5-10 years working in the digital advertising ecosystem, ideally with both supply and demand side experience.
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Solution leader: able to shape the road map of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relation with our Product Management and R&D teams.
- Outstanding communication skills
- A deep familiarity with the advertising ecosystem and sophisticated ad operations is required, including programmatic, yield optimization, inventory management, pricing, and more is a plus
- Knowledge of core Ad Technology related problems such as inventory management and reporting is also a plus
- Understanding of front-end ad product implementation is a plus.
- Knowledge base related to ad serving technologies, best practices, reporting (DFP, DFA, Doubleclick) is a strong plus.
- Expereince with Programmatic solutions (especially Private Marketplace), with an eye on Progmmatic Direct is a plus
- Expereince and a top Consulting or Investment Banking firm is desired
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Support Specialist
As a Client Support Specialist, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top