Position at Bankrate.com
Position: Video Editor & Producer
Create amazing video packages about personal finance and fintech. Oversee live productions on Facebook and with the top television networks involving Bankrate talent. Innovate storytelling to make Bankrate a leader in digital and social video.
Join Bankrate.com as a Video Editor & Producer to help create and execute Bankrate’s video strategy. Video and visuals are critical to Bankrate’s success, and we need a top editor to join our leadership team in creating one overall, seamless content team that surpasses competitors daily and helps increase engagement.
Ideal candidates will exhibit creative ways to make personal finance and fintech shareable, fresh and relevant for digital and social. The position will be based in New York City
The producer will oversee the production of compelling, influential and informational content for Bankrate.com — from initial ideation to post production. This may include writing, researching, working with a production crew, shooting, editing, graphic animation and/or encoding.
Candidates will have experience in video production and a full knowledge of digital production processes. They will be active in social media and have knowledge of SEO in relation to content.
We expect the producer/editor to work in line with the overall content strategy, respond quickly to events in the marketplace, understand how that news affects consumers, be familiar with personal finance issues and to be comfortable making production decisions based on data and metrics.
We are seeking a video producer/editor who can work independently as well as collaboratively and has a passion for great, innovative storytelling across any platform.
- Monitor news events and trends, suggest videos to social team to promote.
- Use current media trends to up the Bankrate video game, and use analytics to gauge successes.
- Ensure the production of video content that aligns with Bankrate’s content team schedule.
- Evaluate a variety of metrics to make content decisions.
- Pitch and develop trending video topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Manage live broadcast interview requests in the Bankrate.com studio.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud to develop high-quality content — including graphic design, audio mixing and motion graphics — that’s technically executed, represents the brand and suitable for distribution.
- Plan and facilitate studio and field-based video production including crew management, location clearance and talent management.
- Collaborate with Bankrate’s in-house experts, editorial team, creative and production folks on ideas, approval processes and launches.
- Find new and creative ways to make finance fun and informative.
- Full knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Full knowledge of digital production processes and Non-linear editing workflow.
- Thorough understanding of personal finance.
- 2 years’ experience producing and editing content for a variety of platforms.
- Experience with basic HTML and web-based CMS.
- Knowledge of social video platforms and online media trends.
- Experience working in a live television environment with remote producers.
- Strong design skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter, relevant links and demo reel. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top