Vice President of Data Science
Position at BankRate.com
Bankrate.com is seeking an entrepreneurial and seasoned Data Scientist to lead the Bankrate.com Data Science team based in our New York City office.
Bankrate.com, a division of Bankrate Inc. (NYSE: RATE) provides consumers with comprehensive and objective information, tools and resources to help solve their life’s financial journey. Bankrate aggregates audiences of in-market consumers at scale and then connects them with providers that pay us based on the value created.
As Vice President – Data Science, you will be responsible for leading a wide spectrum of strategic initiatives at Bankrate.com ranging from Personalization and Relationship marketing to Pricing the leads we send to our advertisers. Specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Create Data Science Vision and roadmap for Bankrate.com based on a thorough understanding of our strategy, consumer and advertiser needs, market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with Bankrate.com leadership to define and prioritize the development of data-centric features and products
- Engage deeply with Data Engineering, Product Development, Sales and Marketing teams on various initiatives.
- Communicate strategy and recommendations effectively to diverse audience including executive management, internal and external business partners.
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to direct report
- 5+ years experience as a Data Scientist in internet focused businesses.
- Solid hands-on experience in practical predictive modelling and in building recommendation engines.
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics or a related quantitative field
- Able to tell compelling stories with data and a deep appreciation for both the power and limits of data
- Outstanding intellect, drive and interpersonal skills and the drive to challenge the status quo
- Proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
Back to top