Position at Bankrate.com
This role heavily involves previous experience building maintainable and scalable design systems, including the use of "living style guides" and pattern libraries. You'll be responsible for helping not only create our design system but documenting and communicating to other development teams on how to use it and maintain it.
Leadership qualities, including the ability to mentor and train other team members, is very important
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
- Spread the mindset and enforce "Design Thinking" throughout the company
- Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
- Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work.
- Effectively present work to all levels of leadership.
- 2+ years professional experience in web development
- Obsessed with Web Performance Optimization, Web Standards and Accessibility
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- Expert understanding of front-end languages such as HTML5, CSS3, and SASS
- Understanding of Atomic design principles, Flexbox, and BEM methodology
- Expert with browser tuning, debugging, and optimization techniques/tools
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals and understanding of object-oriented design
- Detailed experience building responsive templates and designs
- Experience working with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
- Experience using version control (specifically Git)
- Solid working knowledge of JS
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Previous experience as a web/ui engineer or front-end developer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experienced in Node.js, Mobile technology/performance
- Experienced in creating and releasing open-sourced projects
- Successful candidates should have the ability to give and receive constructive feedback, are open-minded, eager to learn, curious, and have an optimistic/fun outlook while working with the team to create great experiences.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top