Sr. Web Analytics Analyst
Position at Bankrate.com
As a Senior Web Analytics Analyst, you will be charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends and perspectives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relevant reporting and perform critical data analysis necessary to monitor and improve revenue-related business goals for the Bankrate network, including Bankrate.com. This role requires a proactive personality, extremely analytical mindset, attention to detail, and excellent time management and communication skills. This role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be based in the Bankrate.com New York City Office.
- Respond to the daily needs of the Bankrate’s Vertical businesses by fielding questions from leadership, translating them into an analytics framework, and providing actionable results.
- Utilize internal (SQL databases) and external data sources (Omniture/Google Analytics/DFP) to develop and maintain dynamic and scalable dashboards to track key performance metrics for the Bankrate Vertical businesses as well as specific sources of traffic, channels, or products.
- Investigate and analyze traffic trends using Omniture/Google Analytics and data from other proprietary sources.
- Develop ROI business cases to support new and existing product development.
- Plan and execute methodical A/B tests to improve user experience and optimize revenue.
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based metrics, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and communicate information in a manner that can be comprehended by non-analytical audience.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, business, economics, finance, statistics, and analytics).
- 5+ years of data analyst experience.
- Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Strong experience with data manipulation and blending across different data sources (GA/Omniture/DFP/SQL databases)
- Proficient at writing SQL queries against complex databases for the purpose of data extraction.
- Experience with Google Analytics. Google Analytics Big Query and Google Tag Manager (GTM) experience a plus.
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely.
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools like Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Looker, etc.
- Knowledge of the Internet landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, lead-oriented/search-oriented (cost per click, cost per lead, cost per call) business models.
- Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools, and enjoy converting the results of your analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Experience with at least one advanced analytics tool (such as R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Stata, or SPSS).
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top