Social Media Editor
Position at The Points Guy
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 3.3+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned by publicly traded Bankrate (NYSE: RATE), TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
Why work at TPG?
- If you're looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you're excited to have flexible PTO, free lunches, office dogs galore, and tons of unreal travel perks
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
As Social Media Manager for The Points Guy you will:
- Work with edit, creative, marketing, and social team to optimize promotion (and re-promotion) of content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram, including imagery, social headline, post copy, and timing.
- Work closely with the VP of Social Media and Video to package and execute on larger creative campaigns, including events and product launches.
- Work with the growth strategist and analyst to design and manage strategy testing for content on all channels.
- Execute and make suggestions for growth strategies across all social channels.
- Creative brainstorming for larger social initiatives
- Pitch stories to the editorial team as needed.
- 2-3+ years of social experience, specifically creating content, managing pages, and creating innovative social strategy
- Passion for travel and the TPG brand
- Witty, quick sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and always bring ideas to the table
- Deep love of and interest in all things social, with a creative mind for how to drive engagement and foster community
- Proven understanding of the digital space and current social trends
- Publishing background preferred
This position will be based in the NY offices of The Points Guy. This is not a supervisory position.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top