Social Media and Community Engagement Editor
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate.com is seeking a social media pro to lead the audience growth of Bankrate.com and TheCashlorette.com on social media channels, particularly Facebook, through amazing community engagement and innovation. The editor will play a critical role in molding and executing social strategy for these two unique, growing social brands.
Ideal candidates have experience writing snappy social copy, crafting content around the news cycle, engaging with consumers through social media and analyzing and using data from all the major social platforms and Google Analytics. Candidates should possess a data-driven mindset, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a whatever-it-takes attitude and the ability to work with people across a matrixed organization.
Candidates should have experience growing social audiences, a deep understanding of Facebook audience engagement and a desire to innovate to grow the business through social. Ideal candidates also will have familiarity with personal finance and its importance in the lives of consumers using social media.
Among the duties for this job:
- Write copy for Bankrate.com and TheCashlorette.com's social channels daily.
- Act as the community manager by engaging consumers, responding to them and leading other efforts, including contests, chats, some live video.
- Monitor social and web analytics to help make data-driven decisions for content and social posts.
- Develop and maintain high standards and practices with the social media team for what we publish on our social channels.
- Possess an ROI-focused mindset and understand social's impact on the business as a whole. Experience using CPL/CPC/CPM-based business models preferred.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers, media outlets, journalists and bloggers.
- Monitor relevant and trending news for quick responses on social media with Bankrate.com and TheCashlorette.com content.
- Represent the company at industry events.
- Act as an internal social media evangelist.
- 1+ years of experience in social media; experience with paid social media is ideal.
- Data-driven, with a natural curiosity about how audiences and networks scale.
- Team player with a positive mindset, excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and desire to learn and experiment.
- Understanding of, or desire to learn more about, personal finance.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Support Specialist
As a Client Support Specialist, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top