Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate.com is seeking a rock star SEO to take our organic search presence to the next level!
Obsessive about using data to determine what moves the SEO needle? Does seeing poorly coded meta data make your skin crawl? You might be the rock star we've been searching for to join our growing SEO team! This is an amazing opportunity to work on the cutting edge of technology, in a highly successful, fast growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry.
Bankrate is seeking a hands-on SEO Manager who exhibits a quantitative/analytical approach to SEO. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of increasing natural search traffic to spur healthy year-over-year growth. The ideal candidate is curious, self-sufficient, and embodies a get-it-done attitude. He/she understands how websites and search engines function in order to create superior user experiences while balancing SEO and business objectives.
The role will be highly visible within the organization and reports to the Senior Manager, SEO.
Specific Job Functions Include:
- Drive, develop and enhance our SEO strategy. Responsible for developing organic marketing strategies, such as content marketing and organic link building.
- Responsible for developing and managing technical SEO projects. Lead cross-functional coordination to ensure SEO project prioritization and completion.
- Track and analyze overall SEO program success with regard to traffic, ranking, indexed pages and backlinks. Includes monitoring and analyzing backlink profile and ensuring internal interlinking is fully optimized.
- Day-to-day execution of organic search engine campaigns including keyword research, competitive research, content optimization, back-linking and tagging.
- Collaborate with Editorial to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Produce technical audits as needed and design and execute on page optimizations on an ongoing basis.
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO developments and news, especially as it pertains to technical aspects of sites such as JS and AJAX best practices.
- Develop and maintain a world class SEO analytics stack (rank tracking, crawl reports, competitive intelligence).
- Train, mentor and develop staff into SEO experts.
- 3+ years progressive SEO experience implementing SEO practices for sites with substantial organic search traffic.
- Experience working with and across both content and technical development teams.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices such as content optimization, meta-data optimization, SEO-friendly site architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates and their impact on rankings.
- Understands how to leverage technical SEO, content, links and UX to drive organic growth.
- Experience working on sites with 100k+ indexed pages that are conversion oriented and mobile focused.
- Superior Excel and data analysis skills; utilized tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, and possibly even SQL.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration
- Deep knowledge around schema.org, AMP, canonicals, mobile-friendly SEO design, etc.
- Both agency/consulting or in-house experience considered
- Bachelor's degree required
- Sponsorship is not available at this time.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top